The Newlands College Code of Conduct for students has been developed inline with the work done by the New Zealand Secondary School Sports Council on the development of it’s new Integrity Framework: Code of Conduct & Disciplinary Procedures.
· Play to the best of their ability and within the rules of the game
· Show respect to other players – both team mates & opponents
· Accept officials’ decisions without gesture or argument
· Be humble in victory and gracious in defeat
· Support the coaches and their requests of them
· Thank and acknowledge the coach, officials and opponents
· Be punctual to all practices and games or if unable to attend let their coach know directly at the earliest opportunity
This Code of Conduct has been signed off by the Senior Management Team and as part of the Sport registration process students will be required to sign their agreement to abide by the Code of Conduct.